Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The SadieandLance cardigan

















Hi all,
Here is my latest cardigan! I don't really like it. I had grand plans when I received it as a package in the post from SadieandLance, as it's the same colours she's using for Fruit Tingles, which looks terrific. When I was planning it I was inspired by the thought of the coloured blocks I used to play with as a kid, it's kind of Lego colours, so I thought it would all sort of fit together. But there's something that's just not right...I can't put my finger on it. Any advice or thoughts, anyone? This is very much a SadieandLance inspired project - it's also the pattern you gave me! Now, the other thing I need some advice on is how to fasten it. The pattern says to sew on a couple of pieces of ribbon, but I don't have/can't find any the right colour. I thought maybe a button, but I didn't put in button holes...What a dilemma. Sorry about the crappy picture quality, taking pictures at work again. XXX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I think it is gorgeous!! I think you should go and buy some red and some orange ribbon and attach that to make it tie up...will add to it nicely. You're putting me to shame, I have only done the back of FT and am part way through the front left piece (3rd time casting it on!)