Thursday, June 01, 2006

Shame Spotlight Shame

No doubt you guys have heard about Spotlights recent antics around workplace relations? Today I cut up my membership card (not that being a member was all that rewarding anyway), unsubsribed from the mailing list and sent the Management this message, cause I can easily get by without scum bags like Spotlight in my life.

**************************************
Dear Mr Fraid and Mr Fried,

I am a long time customer who has spent a great deal of money at
Spotlight over the years pursuing my craft related hobbies.

I am appalled at your recent decision to remove access to penalty
rates, rest breaks and overtime payments in return for a measley 2 cents
an hour payrise. This is a blatant rip off of workers rights and a great
insight for me into the nature of your management and the values of
your company. You had the opportunity to be a leader and an employer of
choice for your workers and a retailer of choice for me, but your recent
decisions have influenced my decision to no longer shop at Spotlight.

I refuse to support your money grabbing actions and I happily advise
you that I will no longer shop with Spotlight and have cut up my
membership card.

Shame Spotlight Shame.

****************************

Get over to the ACTU Workplace Relations Campaign page and give Spotlight a hard kick up the arse, bastards - like you already haven't!

*stepping down off the soapbox*

1 comment:

... said...

LOVE IT! Go girlfriend!! if I had my card i would cut it up too!!

"yeah----- what she said!!"