Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My projects for 2007

Well, it is a new year and this year I decided to organise the patterns I want to try.

First up, and keep this quiet because it is for my Mum's birthday, is the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl.

In the always lovely Lorna's Laces, Vera this time. BrownPants and Shazmina Bendi have been whipping these up and I know my mum is going to love it.




Next up is one for me. Actually, the rest of my projects are for me. After a spurt of knitting for birthday and Christmas presents, I'm going to get around to those projects I have wanted to do for myself for months.

Jo Sharp Beret. I knit this for my sister and fell in love, so decided to knit myself one. I'm going to use the Jo Sharp Desert Garden Aran cotton in Onyx.

Jo Sharp Sweater. I fell in love with this pattern the first time I flicked through Shazmina Bendi's Knit book. It's the reason I bought the book myself! I love the way the Desert Garden Aran knits up! I was a bit scared about taking on a grown-up item of clothing, but kniiting with this yarn is making it a joy. My progress so far...




Stitch 'n Bitch cardigan. This is another one I fell in love with straight away - over two years ago now! How long it has taken me to get the confidence to take on an adult size piece of clothing. I am still a little intimidated as it is on 3mm needles, but I am determined. It will be a long term project.

So these are my top projects for 2007. I'm sure a few other things will slip in, and I have a few things on the needles at the moment that I have to get finished (including the second of my boudoir booties), but I have put these patterns out there now so I stay on track.

I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Shazmina Bendi said...

Coolness! I still havent finished the shawl, but am working on it!!!

BrownPants said...

Go you and your big people knitting! The shawl looks lovely!

SadieandLance said...

Grown up knitting! I'm impressed OCC! You've been very busy indeed.