Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cardigan Completo!

















Hi All! In celebration of Kel finishing her Camino, I managed to finish my own (mini) challenge - my first baby cardigan! I found this pattern on a website, here, and used some 12-ply cotton I liberated from the bargain bin at Lincraft. I reckon it's a bit cute, and the pattern was pretty straight forward, although I think I stuffed up the seed stitch pattern a couple of times when I wasn't paying enough attention. I haven't seen very many bulky knit baby patterns around, so I decided to knit this one because it's a bit different. However now it's done I was thinking maybe the reason there aren't too many bluky knit patterns around is because they're quite heavy once they're finished. Not sure...will have to test it out. Had another friend tell me they were pregnant the other day, so it looks like I'll have plenty of opportunity to test out new baby patterns...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Brownpants, that is gorgeous! I will definitely have a go at this pattern.

... said...

well done mate - very cute. couldnt imagine knitting at the moment - getting hot here and im in for my second summer in a row. loving these updates :)

kel