Friday, May 26, 2006

Score cont...


I was also given a WHOLE HEAP of fabric. Apparently this relative travelled a lot thought India, Nepal and Malaysia and was a bit of a fabric horder (not at all like anyone else who uses this blog...) But she wasn't a fabric horder in the sense that she picked up a metre here and there intending to make a bag, or a skirt...oh no!... I have about 3-4 metres of these fabrics! Apparently fabric was brought with the intention of being able to make a full suit out of it - YIKES. The first two are cotton batik prints, and I have grand plans to make long wrap skirts out of them for Summer. I'll just copy the pattern of the ones I have now. The other three are silk, SILK! Can you picture me in a lemon silk suit? No...I might rethink that one. I really like the brown and blue silk fabric, the brown's almost copper and the blue is really vibrant. I have no idea what i'm going to do with it yet, so any suggestions are welcome! I also inhereted some really lovely silk scarves which I use as head wraps, naturally. I've got a new project on the go at the moment and should be able to finish it off over the weekend - i'm using the wool you sent me B! Take Care, XX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are now the queen of fabrics! I'll take any scraps and off cuts!