Friday, June 30, 2006

OCC's week in craft

I finally had a go at the japanese craft I got at the show. Loved doing it and it turned out really well. I still have one more to do so will do that soon.

And my first online wool purchase arrived. My periwinkle got confused for lavender, but I'm sure it will not put me off for good. The colours still look ok together.

I'm using the wool to make a scarf for Rich (my first project for him...). I decided that vertical stripes would look good...

I think they do look good, and it wasn't that hard to join the stripes. I fould an online tutorial on the wool shack wesite that shows you how. The back looks like this...

But next time I start talking about vertical stripes please remind me of this...

You need a ball of wool for every stripe and after about 10 rows it looks like an imaginary cat has been playing in the pile. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end. I am going to back it with grey polar fleece. Will post a final pic when I get there.

Oh, and I have started the scarf for my sister, so Shazmina, that is three concurrent projects!

4 comments:

Shazmina Bendi said...

Mwhahaha! My evil plans are working! You have succumbed to the dark side!! :)

Scarf looks great, as does the necklace. Cant wait to see the scarf for your sister and the other Japanese paper craft. Might have to talk to you about that as I have some metal tins I would like to cover.

SadieandLance said...

Nice job on the necklace. Nice job on the scarf, the back looks exactly as it should for stripes. And yeah the imaginary stripe cat is a pain, but you can avoid it - well at least make your imaginary cat less playfull but carrying one ball for each colour, rather than stripe - you just carry the colour up the side...it appears on the back but isn't too bad.

SadieandLance said...

PS your status as an ADC crafter is official. Don't finsih everything off too quickly though and feel free to collect a few more projects as you go!

BrownPants said...

Oh bugger, wrong colours! These ones look really good though! Can't wait to see more of the Japanese craft!