Thursday, July 20, 2006

ADC in full swing

Shazmina will be very proud of me. My ADC is in full swing now. I am a convert!

Current projects completed = 1. Another Japanese brooch...

Projects not completed = many...

First, the scarf for my sister's birthday. I was actually making great time on this, but then I ran out of wool. I have ordered another ball so while I am waiting...

Project 2 = frilly scarf for me. Current staus = 7 rows. I think it is just trying to do the same project twice in a row. I love the wool, but to get excited about this pattern...


Project 3 = booties for newly pregnant friend at work. Sorry, no picture. I am about to start these when I meet Shazmina. So on to...

Project 4 = button and ribbon brooches. Again, I was doing ok until I couldn't fit all the ribbons through the button holes and had to come up with a way to attach them. So, in a brain wave, and Shazmina finds this hilarious, I asked Rich to help me because he knows lots of fishing knots. He looked at it last night and thought of an entirely different (and better) way of doing it. Good news for my crafting - no signs of trauma, rather definate interest showed (note, should I be concerned that he proved himself better than me at my own craft project? He figured out how to read a knitting pattern one night too...)


So ladies, I hope this proves my AADC membership is worthy and that I am fully embracing the group's vision.

4 comments:

BrownPants said...

Oooh, Love it all! Recruitment of boyfriend expertise for craft projects is definitely a go-er. Johnno had to decipher the baby kimono pattern for me before I could do it. He's much better with instructions than I am (which is probably a good thing!)

SadieandLance said...

WOW OCC, that is most impressive. I'm with BP, nice boyfriend recruitment. Would love to borrow the wavy scraf pattern, is it hard? It looks it. And is the ribbon and button your idea or are you following a pattern? They're so cute. And well the Japanese brooch, I'm just lost for words actually.

Shazmina Bendi said...

I will bring the pattern to melb, it is from a creative knitting mag. I may even be able to email it???
OCC is a trouper, she is a credit to the AADC, ESPECIALLY for recruiting boyfriend to help with craft!!!

... said...

you are sooo clever al!! you are inspiring me..... i have a craft secret that i will post soon and all due to the lovely posts on this blog!!