Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dishpan Hands? Try this!

I am halfway through knitting a discloth, so I thought I would post a pic. I am trying to decide if I would use it on my face or straight to the dishes with it (insert cracking whip sound here). I have used 2 strands of 4 ply crochet cotton which gives it some strength, and the Knit stitch gives it some texture so it will probably be good for exfoliating face or scrubbing dishes! AND it is environmentally friendly as you can wash it, bleach it and re use! Kind of nifty isn't it!! Things to note about this project:
  • I am using needles given to me by Ms Mandie, they are Tasmanian oak and very cute!
  • Needle point protectors. My second regular thing is having to undo projects that have slipped off my needles! They are made by Clover and I luuurve them, but not as much as Brown Pants luuurves her binder foot!! :)
  • My coffee cup. I still luuurve it, probably as much as Brown Pants luuurves the binder foot!! :)

Toodles! Shazmina

3 comments:

SadieandLance said...

Go Shazmina! Nice work on the fashwasher/discloth. Maybe you could colour code them and have one for the dishes and one for ur face. I've been wanting to knit with cotton for a while - looks like a good one to have a crack at.

Shazmina Bendi said...

17 days, and 16 more sleeps until I come to Melbourne!! WOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOOOO!
I think you would like knitting with cotton, it is really smooth to knit (if that makes sense??). I figure too that they make good small projects to knit even in Summer. Maybe Sadie has patterns for them? I could only find one which was knitted on the diagonal, but the yarn over I thought would make it too holey??

SadieandLance said...

ha i was thinkin i'd just knit a square in all knit!