Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Lost

my rechargable camera batteries, lost lost lost lost. And I am embarrassed to admit I am actually fretting a little. Not cause I am actually concerned about losing the batteries so much - I can just buy some more, but cause I can't take blog photos. Gawsh (thanks Napoleon Dynomite), I feel like a Desperado ('Tina, come get some ham' - sorry couldn't resist putting that in while we're talkin Napoleon).

Anyway so I am embrassing the text only post.

It's a spectacular story involving what I think is me somehow managing to loose the batteries from the camera AND the replacement batteries all at once in the cab on the way to the airport. Of course I could have just left them lying around the house somewhere too but I am destined not to find out until I buy some replacements cause that's always how it goes. ('I caught some some delicious sea bass'...ND again tee hee)

I'll tell you about the things I wanted to photograph and post first:

- Al's needle roll - a true testimony to my status as an AADC founding member. Al's, it's trimmed of all threads (I hope, I was doing it by lamp light infront of All Saints, so good luck with that), ironed and wrapped. NExt step is making it get to the post office. Good luck to me with that.

- I converted a new knitter at work...well lets say reformed, she fell off the wagon for a bit but she's back on. That's 2 new work knitters and 2 more people for me to yab to about craft at work, congratulations Sadieandlance. Anyway I digress, I sewed her a pink ginham knitting bag on the weekend. Shazmina I handled the pink fabric and I came away unscathed, sadly no photographic evidence.

- Sister Sadieandlance's slippers are almost finito. Maybe I'll get my act together to buy batteries by the time I finsh those?

- I got a package from Applehead and I can't fulfill my promise to take photos and blog about it yet. And I should cause not only is it a shit hot package, but it cost 10 bucks to send. I feel bad. But you should all go check her blog and see if she's got anymore offerings - it's worth it. PLus she has a nice blog and cute kids so even if you don't win a prize the trip will be worth it.

OK, I think I'm yabbering. I'm gonna take a chance and not even re-read this post before I go to bed. It will be funny to see if it makes any sense in the morning. Hell if it's crappy enough ,aybe someone will gift me some replacement batteries so I can get back to posts with photos and less gabbing.

PS I think my bermuda triangle is back (last seen in action in the mid-90s)...my CD walkman is missing (since we went to Athens, whoops almost 2 yrs ago!) and my Stephanie Alexander cookbook bibley thing. Lost indeed.

PPS Sorry about the ND quotes, but go see him dance here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsZy2425eY. You know you love it.

PPSS I promise to behave next post.

7 comments:

BrownPants said...

hahahaha! What a wonderfully rambly post! I can't wait for picture. You should do a photographic essay with them! And I love the ND quotes. "Can you bring me my chapstick?"..."but my lips hurt real bad!" hahahahaha! oh oh oh, "vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true". love it!

SadieandLance said...

I was trying to find this last night but couldn't find it - go there quickly Brownpants!http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/ndsound.php

Shazmina Bendi said...

You funny lady! mmmmmmm your rambling requires much thought, and more coffee! See, I told you that pink would not burn your hands!!!

ps. Just an aside, I would die if I had no batteries, but that is a whole other story!!! :)

SadieandLance said...

PS Who's the only one here who knows illegal ninja moves from the government?!

BrownPants said...

hey yeah shaz, you should invest in rechargables and then you won't have 'battery malfunction' again! Hahahaha!

BrownPants said...

And I just saw the site - b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t. I don't think it would matter what he said, i'd laugh at the way he says it!

BrownPants said...

and PS "do the chickens have large talons?"