Friday, July 28, 2006

Oh how I have struggled against the craft oppressors!

Ok, so the only oppressor of my crafting is me but Meena has to take some credit for my lack of crafting this week.

I had a FABO time in Melbourne. Sadie and Lance is too kind, I was WAY spoilt and had a great couple of days. LURVE Melbourne, it helped that I had great people to hang with and the weather was really mild, so I was one lucky little visitor.

But what has happened since then? Well not much, I have been getting limited sleep thanks to my little furry, four legged friend. Princess Meena was a little ticked that she was "abandoned" (those were her words, I deny everything) so I was greeted with a hairball vomit bomb when I got home on Monday night. And then there have been the 5am wakeups, one with another hairball vomit bomb. If you have a cat, or have seen Shrek, you know the delightful sound effects associated that go with this. Last night, for the first time in I think ever, I had to kick Princess Meena out of my bedroom and close the door to get a full nights sleep. But inspite of it all I love her to bits and would'nt trade her for anything!!

So Back to craft. I finished a beanie before I went to Melb and a matching scarf while I was there. See photographic evidence below.


I also now have even more wool for other projects, including some Marta's yarns yarn for fingerless gloves for myself. And because of OCC's fearless crafting, I am going to attempt a pattern for them that has cables in it!!

So this weekend is a quiet one, I plan to get stuck in to my pirate jumper. That will be a first for me, only one project at a time!!!

Ciao for now Shazmina

2 comments:

BrownPants said...

Dude, i've been trying to figure it out but I have no idea what that photo is of! But yay for you for being a finisher completer!

Shazmina Bendi said...

It is my scarf, folded in on itself. Looks a bit weird, but I tookl the photo at work!