Wednesday, July 26, 2006

She's Crafty

Ack Focaccia get out of my face. Right now I am tyring to type this and my arms are at weird angles because Focaccia has developed a bad habit of jumping up on the desk and sending me signals that I am neglectful or maybe that she wants to become a blogger whatever signals she's sending I can't quite figure it out but her arse is resting sweetly on the space bar right now, see:



Anyway I had a really nice weekend with Shazmina Bendi, she spoiled me rotten. She thinks I spoiled her by taking her to craft shops but what she doesn't realise is that it was ME who was spoilt by having a partner in crime for a craft shopping extravaganza.

We played with fabric and yarn and more yarn, plus some clothes shops, shanghai dumplings and other non craft activities in between. And she got to hang tuff with Marta of Marta's yarns and play with yarn colours. What a weekend, we even introduced her to the meaning of being Victorian, AFL footy!

We capped our Saturday arvo craft tour special with a trip round the Chappel St Bazaar where we visited the antique lace lady - remember her Kel, you bought some needles off her last yr. Well she was in fine form this weekend, cranky as all get out. Shazmina was only allowed to look - not touch the knitting needles she wanted to buy and I was scolded for taking some vintage pattern pieces out to look and see if they were actually all there before I bought them. It was all a laugh really, she's kinda crazy.

We found all sorts of cool things in there (not crazy lady's stand but the bazaar in general) including a collection of vintage mini sewing machines


And I found a roll of snoopy ribbon!!!


And Kel, look I found your welcome home pressie - a coral table lamp, isn't it beautiful?

Must be the rage cause I spotted about 4 on different stalls.

So in summary Shazmina and I built on the choose your own craft adventure that Kel and I started last year. You guys should all come and visit and try it out it's seriously fun and you get to see priceless collectables like coral table lamps.

Great, Caccie's now removed her arse from the keyboard and relocated to the basket of un-ironed new fabric I bought all those weeks ago. Serves me right for not taking all ur ironing advice I spose.

3 comments:

BrownPants said...

Oooh! Oooh! If Kel get's a coral table lamp then I want one too!! Gotta love those pastels.

Shazmina Bendi said...

Focaccia and Meena must be related. Princess Meena has been leaving vomit bombs (furballs) for me all over the house (the latest was at 5am this morning!). She also is being as loving as possible by waking me up marking time on my bladder (again at 5am the last two mornings!). I love her, but I also love my sleep......

ps Thanks for the kind words B, you are a star!!!

... said...

oooo ahhh, love the lamp!!! im booking my return flight right now so taht kristy doesnt beat me to it!!

glad crazy lady was in form!! she is hilarious!!