Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Welcome Katie Mac!

Welcome Katie Mac! I'm so glad you have joined us. I hope we can get regular cutie pics, even though I am going to post the first one of gorgeous Eliza!

Here's a very SnB picture - Eliza, the reason why Katie isn't stitching and apparently the reason we are all stitching because she is modelling the cardi I made and the pants and booties Sadie and Lance made (PS Sadie and Lance - great choice of colour!).


On to a bit more craft news from me. I 'finished' my sister's scarf. 'Finished' because I still have to iron it and sew the tails in... I got distracted because I had enough wool left over to make her a matching beanie. So last night I put my headband on to ensure my craft mojo would be flowing and took on two new skills - circular needles and cables. With great success so far!


I need to ready myself for new skill number 3 - double points - to finish it off, but I have bought point protectors to stop my stitches falling off (my great fear). I'll post the finished product when I finish (when - optimism is the key!)

8 comments:

BrownPants said...

Oh my god I am gobsmacked...circulars and cables...moving on to double points...YOU'RE SCARING ME!

BrownPants said...

Got totally distracted by knitting and forgot to say Eliza is beautiful! A wonderful new addition to SnB!

Shazmina Bendi said...

OMG, you sure have progressed from our meeting yesterday!! Is cable hard???

OCC said...

They are so not hard. It is only three stitches that is different, and only once every six rows. I can't believe how effective it is.

SadieandLance said...

We need some kind of new category for fearless crafting - you're leading the way OCC!

Hello cutie pie Eliza and Mummy, we're so happy to have you in SnB!

By the way, I thought OCC did the booties - only the pants r mine. Nice use of ur headband for craftin mojo OCC!

SadieandLance said...

Ummm I just had a thought - all this Dear Kel stuff and Kel isn't even able to make a post on here! How silly, I'll go send her an invite

BrownPants said...

Good idea!

... said...

hey kids..... al - you scare me too..... Maybe you need to go up to the gig kids class with elizabeth or stop being so damn gifted!!! he he - just joking - i love your fearlessness and i need lessons.....