Monday, August 28, 2006

Post 102

Hardly significant, post 102 but I'm laying claim to it - it's all mine mwahahaha.

Anyway, HEY where'd you all go??? Hanging out doing real life crafty stuff without me in Sydney aren't you? Well not you Kel, you're off the hook - or perhaps you'd like to join me on my out-of-towner sookfest.

Hmm now did one of you come into the study and borrow my camera? I did such a good job on cleaning the study (lie: it's actually still a work in progress - just don't look beyond the desk to the floor) that I can't find where I put the camera. The irony is that the desk top is clean of all it's clutter - but I never had trouble finding the camera when the clutter was still there on the desk (you saw it Shazmina you can attest to the piled upon pile state of the mess).

Anyway I wanna take a photo of my leftover hummingbird cake that's sitting regally on my lovely white ceramic cake platter in the fridge - but alas no camera. So, you'll just have to take my word for it - CRS (Cake Related Surprise) of the Hummingbird variety was enjoyed last night after a meal of good ole corned beef and vegies - shared at the last minute with 2 lovely friends of ours who we really do enjoy spending time with - but I couldn't help feeling sad that there was no corned beef left over to make sandwiches with for today's lunch...which in my opinion is the best part of any such meat boiling (doesn't that sound disgusting) /roasting (ahh yes that sounds much yummier) activities.

But I digress - back to imagining my Hummingbird cake please friends (and you'd better be enjoying your imaginary cake -afterall it had two whole bloody bananas in it - do you know how expensive that is??!). It has cream cheese icing and is sprinkled with crushed walnuts. There's plenty of leftovers to go round - even after I sent our friends the corned beef stealers home with half the leftover cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's just not fair. You know I love hummingbird cake. You're taunting me! I'm off to have my own sook fest now :-(