Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tada!

I have finally finished the suffragette overalls. I'm not sure if this means I have my craft mojo back, but at least I am a finisher-completer, if briefly. Seams are done and ends are sewn in, but god it was painful. I wish you could just finish the knitting and 'poof' it's done. Well, one can dream... I got the pattern from here, and used jo sharp cotton purchased here. This pattern is very easy to knit, and I think they're very cute!

I am hoping that my current finisher complete status will rub off on these projects. They're so close to being finished, but I just can't motivate myself for that final bit. Possibly because I know i'll have to sew them up and weave in the ends. sigh. As an attempt to shame myself into finishing them, I am posting them here. Please feel free to harrass, cajole or simply bully me in to finishing them. All I have to do on this one it sew it together and do the seed stitch around the neck (then sew in the ends, but let's ignore that part, i'm trying to motivate not deter). I finished knitting this weeks ago, but it's just been sitting there.

All I have to do on this one is finish the sleeve, sew it up and add some buttons. And yes, it is knit from one side the the other - pretty cool ey! This has been sitting like this for weeks too.

With two projects nearly complete but not quite, of course I cast on another one! Ha! So now I need to finish this one too. It's the sari-silk bag from Knitty. I included a picture of the hyacinths just for you sadieandlance!

Right, am off to test the longevity of my completer-finisher powers. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

SadieandLance said...

Yay you hardcore finisher completer. Thanks for the flowers mwaah.