Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Clapotis v.1

Well, I think we're all aware by now that I go through pretty intense craft obsessions. Meet the latest:


First 2 sections (the 'increase rows') of Clapotis v.1 finished. I say 'v.1' because I've already ordered the yarn I want to use for my next one. The pattern is that addictive! Since I took this photo i've actually gotten to the 'dropping stitches' section, but i'll save that for another time! I was knitting it on 5mm straight needles but there were so many stitches towards the end of the increase section that i've transferred it to a pair of Addi circulars. I haven't used these before and i'm finding them a pleasure. Very light and the yarn slips easily. I'm using Noro Kureyon and it's coming up pretty well I think. I'm always impressed by how Noro comes out, the colours really are amazing.


In other news the start of Spring has been heralded in the garden by the blossoming of Freesia's (finally!) I've been waiting for these to flower for a while, but it was worth it!


And this is for Shazmina and V:


5 comments:

Shazmina Bendi said...

oooh! Craftrix extraordinaire and show off to boot AND talking about knitting another one! I have a new project in mind for the super secret squirrel (nudge nudge, wink wink)project that I think you will like too. Wool shopiing will have to wait until Friday though!

Shazmina Bendi said...

OMG what a cutie!!!!!! Yep, I would have catnapped Albert for sure!. Can I be Albert's guardian (& Buzz & Zeus of course) if the unfortunate should happen to you and Mr Brown pants?

ps any ideas on how to "organise" and unfortunate??? just jokes he he he!!! :)

BrownPants said...

Hahahaha! You'd have to have it out with Kel and Fran. Kel once told me we needed a will so that there weren't any fights over who got him! Ha!

SadieandLance said...

W-O-W. Double Wow. I am speechless - and knitless too it turns out at the moment!

Anonymous said...

I am posting this comment to prove a point...not a very well made one, but a point nonetheless. You know what I'm talking about, Brownpants.