Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Ice Skating Post

As some of you know, I went Ice Skating a few days ago. I have recovered enough to laugh at myself, so now I am sharing the lurve!

Last time I went Ice skating was over 10 years ago, so enough time had passed for me to forget how uncoordinated I am on the ice. Action man had mentioned several times that it would be "fun" to go ice skating, I decided (finally) that I was up for it, after all how hard could it be?? As long as I didnt break any bones I would be happy.

The morning of D-Day, I was a little stressed (control freak issues). Enough to iron a tshirt. Who irons tshirts???? By the time we got to the rink I was freaking out. You will all be happy to know that I kept it all very well hidden from Action man, that is until I strapped on the skates and hit the ice, and I mean that literally!

I was very thankful that Action man was very patient and calm teacher. That and the fact he is 6'3" and hopefully could keep me on my feet with little effort, made me relax. Yeah relaxed (not!), until he gave me a wedgie, trying to stop me from falling over. Note to self, when ice skating, dont wear a g-string! So after 2 hours on the ice, I only fell over 3 times and got 1 wedgie, pretty successful session!

So picture me, or rather picture the cartoons where someone's legs are all over the place and arms are flailing widely in the air (my shoulders are really sore still!) and that was me. I made quite an impression, particularly my last, less than graceful fall. I actually managed to graze my elbow. Who knew you could get a graze off ice?? Well if I did I would have worn long sleeves!

So, I as I retired to the bench to stem the blood from my elbow (ok, there was only a little blood), this little girl came and sat next to me and started talking. She saw my last fall, thought it was pretty funny (ok, even I admit it was funny!). And then proceeded to tell me that she hadnt even fallen over that day, in that self righteous "I am 10 years old and I am WAAAY cool" way that little kids have. And then she just kept on going, with telling me how she just picked ice skating up really easily. I kept wondering if it would be wrong to push her off the bench while screaming " There you go, didnt fall over ice skating, but you cant even sit on a bench!! At least I can sit still on a bench, mole!!!!"

So as we left the rink, when Action man mentioned we should do that again, I smiled sweetly and said "that would be great, I had alot of fun!" while inside thinking " AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!".

2 comments:

BrownPants said...

You're a natural with Kids, Sahz.

SadieandLance said...

Bet that 10 yr old can't crochet as good as you!!