Monday, October 09, 2006

Garden Craft (although I suspect I've used that title before)

Finally got around to the first nursery trip of the garden craft season on Sunday. Given that it hadn't received much attention lately the garden was in good shape. Surprisingly good shape, actually. JD found this little lovely hiding behind a jasmine bush that had gone feral. This little pot of orchids came from my 'Nan' (of the extended family friend variety) and I put it up there to get it away from a little bug that seemed to be eating it. Then I forgot about it, but it was worth it for this sweet surprise.

There are also three buds on it that I'm keeping a close eye on now! The tomatoes (black russian and roma) went in with the Basil. This is the only part of ground-earth in the backyard that gets full-sun (everything else is in pots or shade) and basil just loves it here. One year little plants like this were over 1 metre tall. Honest! Can't wait to watch these little ones grow.


No comments: