Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I finished my Shawl! Yay for me (on that note I was giving a speech today and was thanking someone from Govt. and said "And yay for scott* . He's been excellent throgh the whole thing" then everyone turned to him and said 'yay for Scott' now i'm paranoid 'yay for' hasn't made it into vernacular...but how could it have not? And as I was leaving he was being teased about it. But maybe that's just an NGO/Govt thing. Maybe we're not supposed to be nice to each other.)

But I digress. I would like to talk about blocking. I blocked the shawl I just finished (check it out ladies, I rock the block!). This was the shawl off the needles (i only did close ups, sorry)


This was the shawl while it was blocking (sorry, no light.)


And this is the shawl draped over something. This is it's new natural 'sit' (i'm sure that's not what you call it but i'm going with that).

Pretty ha? I would very recommend the pattern if any of you wanted to try lace. I am thinking of using the Artyarns we both got Al to make one for my own. I'm giving this one to someone that's doing something very special and generous for me at the moment.

My main problem with this pattern was knowing when to stop the pattern repeats. Looks like I got it right without that last repeat Shaz (or after I stuffed it and had to frog it). This was all I had left after casting off. Not enough for 8 200+ rows...



2 comments:

SadieandLance said...

Yay for Brownpants - you totally rock the block! See yay is definately part of the venacular where I'm concerned!!

BrownPants said...

I didn't think I was odd. They're obviously not cool enough to share our vernacular ..... ?