Monday, January 15, 2007

Cape bleugh

I've been complaining about the increase sections in the cape i'm making at the moment but haven't been able to explain it properly. This is what I'm talking about:


You basically turn your work every so many number of rows to get it to flare towards the bottom. Problem is it leaves these dent-type stitches through it. I don't know if I like that, it looks a little sloppy.

But then I look at it from a reasonable distance as a whole and it seems to look OK.


But the I see the collar, which is even worse.


There must be a better way to increase stitches without leaving such messy spots. I just don't know it.

4 comments:

SadieandLance said...

I think that from a distance (and via a photo posted on the net) it looks fine. But really if you're unhappy with it you should let it go cause you'll prob only get to the end and still be unhappy with it! You should post about it on BP tho cause you have some good sourcees of advice reading thqcxphazt.

Shazmina Bendi said...

very puzzling! Did you do a check of the Zimmerman book you have?? And where is the Ms BP insignia going on your cape??? I want to see the finished Superhero version!!! ;)

Shazmina Bendi said...

ps what is thqcxphazt????

SadieandLance said...

Ummmm...I dunno what the hell is that?! Shaz when i saw you ask that question I went looking back thru Kristie's post to find where it said thqcxphazt...not finding it I thought you were off your rocker...now I see it's me who's off my rocker!