Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Not a baby cardigan


There's a new love in my craft life, it's called Noro. I can see now why Noro yarn has such a reputation, these colours are striking and beautiful (I don't think i've done a particularly good job capturing this, sorry). This is Kureyon 88, which neither shazmina or I were convinced by when we saw it in a ball, but it just comes together so beautifully once you start to knit it up. I was thinking that this would be great for the fingerless gloves you knitted last year too Kel, and I think that's actually what Shaz plans to do with hers now that I think of it. This scarf went to a friend as a 40th birthday present. I'm secretly glad that i'll still get to see it now and then! I also got a whole bunch of Kureyon 128 which was intended as a Clapotis that hasn't eventuated - See! I do have ADC! It's just that I have the variety that means things don't get started, rather than the variety where they remain unfinished...Anyway, i'm considering combining this yarn with some other Jo Sharp yarn I have that also didn't become the project it was intended for (if further proof was required) and make this vest. But if anyone knows of a better V-Neck vest pattern let me know.
BTW you can also see another big love of the moment in the background - my bulbs! I heart bulbs (I heart Zeusey too of course). I can't wait until they start to flower, i'll post some pic's if/when they do.
XXX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zeusey! Hi bulbs! Yay noro scarf! OK, you're back in the AADC, you can be officially considered a Founding member. Shaz has claimed secretary! Umm you didn't just buy this wool last weekend at the craft fair did you???!

BrownPants said...

No! Shaz gave it to me the week before! I have further proof of my ADC coming (see, I haven't even gotten around to finishing that!)

SadieandLance said...

ok then ur OK to be back in the AADC fold. It's an association man, we gotta have rules!