Saturday, June 24, 2006

Weekend WIP

Hi All,
Just thought I would share some of my latest WIP!
This is the back piece of a pair of overalls i'm making for a friend who's about to become a first time aunty. We've had to do some guestimating about size and yarn as said baby is an Italiano bambina (I just made that up so apologies if anyone actually knows Italian). We eventually decided on Cotton (I have a bit of a fancy for Jo Sharp Cotton) which I think will make them a bit more versatile with the weather (would look very cute with a little orange top underneath in my opinion). I would definitely recommend this pattern, i've knitted this back piece over the last week and it's 6 month size, so they're quite quick to knit up. Pattern is from here, again (first one on the second row).
This is a baby kimono in progress. I didn't get any further than cutting out the pattern becuase I needed 'single fold bias tape' which i'm pretty sure I don't have, even thought I'm not 100% on what it is. When I figure out what it is i'll finish this off! I thought it would look cute with a pair of red pants with the trim at the bottom as inspired by the ones SadieandLance has posted (although that looks a bit too complex for me).
In amongst the starting of new projects and non-completion of others I decided I needed something pretty to store my ADC activities and put this together. I totally forgot how to do zips (der me) so it's pretty dodgy, but it will suffice as storage. I've just folded the zip over a bit so you can see the lining in case it looks confusing. Have a great weekend for those of you who remain bound to the work week! XXX

2 comments:

SadieandLance said...

Geez, you've been busy! I am stuck at the same point on Martha's kimono...bias binding! I just bought some more binding so I can get going on it. Love the fabric you chose. Noice pouch!

BrownPants said...

I did some more work on it last night but suspect the light of day will see it unpicked...I'm refusing to hand sew so that's causing me problems!