Thursday, August 17, 2006

hot head instructions?

ciao bellas
Sice my last post I have had a few train rides and made some wee squares from my bargain basement wool. Great to have the sticks clicking again!

BUT, as Aus warms up I will start getting colder and thought I would knit me one of them thar hothead beanies!

BUT, I dont remember the pattern but I do recall that we had come up with needle sizes/stitches that suited us more than the snb ones!

Bee - perhaps you have it - do you mind posting it for me? Im craving some more projects ;-)

Love to you all
Kel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make mine by casting on 56-58 stitches on 8mm needles (these are the ones I lent you that I think you made a couple on
then K2 P2 for as long as your head is (literally measure it against your head) then when it's just about the length you want it (facing the RS) K2tog P2 for 1 row, then K2tog P1 for for next row then K1 P1 for 2 rows, then K2tog for 2 rows then finish it off. I usually knit 2 strands together if I want it to be really warm. Or use a bulky wool.

Anonymous said...

Wow Kel, I haven't knitted one of these for AGES! Haven't even really worn a beannie this winter at all either. I think Kristie's instructions are spot on.

Good project for travelling though.

... said...

thanks ladies. Need something easy that is also practical. THink the winter here will be a little more chilly than im used to ;-)