Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Clapotis

Is done. And I love it!
It was a bit of a drama at the end. I ran out of yarn 2 metres before the end, but luckily managed to get another ball in the same dye lot. The Specs:

Pattern: from Knitty
Yarn: Noro Kureyon No 128 from yarnsonline (highly reccomend yarnsonline!) 6 balls + 2 metres.
Comments: Love it, love it, Love it. I'm not a very clever knitter, but after a couple of rows of each section I was knitting with no hands (by which I mean I went into autopilot and wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing). I found it really theraputic to knit this. It's essentially sets of repeats, so once you understand the theory (methodology? Ha! That's for you Kel) it's very straightforward. In the end it only took me about 8 days to knit, but that's probably because I was sick. It was reassuring in the same kind of way maths is: there's an answer, you just need to learn the rules and you'll figure it out.
To block, or not to block: While I was knitting this I just assumed I would block it. Especially so given I wanted to get rid of the cast on and cast off edges curl against the rest of it. However then I checked out some that have been blocked and some that haven't and I tended to prefer the ones that weren't blocked. Cause they do this:

Isn't it lovely the way it twists? And the ridges, yum. (On another note, I wore this top to work. Was I flashing a bit too much boob? Haven't noticed it before. Maybe it's just the angle. Or maybe my boobs are just difficult to miss...)
Any reservations: Although I love Noro, i'm not sure Kureyon was the best yarn for this pattern. It's a bit more 'rigid' than some of the silk/merino ones i've seen. But I love it anyway!

In other news. I have finally decided to move out and start my own blog. I hope you will come and visit me. I'm worried i'll have commitment issues, but I've decided to give it a go.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice boobs...I mean clapotis, Brownpants. Teehee, clapotis sounds rude.

BrownPants said...

I've got the clap bad, dude.

SadieandLance said...

I'm confused. How can a girl who knits a clapotis in 8 days claim to have commitment issues? The clap is gorgeous and I love the non blockedness of it.

Your boobs are nice, and there's less of them in that shot than I used to see when we worked in the same office...wow that sounds suggestive!!

I am so excited that you've started a blog! Yipppeeeeee

SadieandLance said...

PS I just updated 'The Crew' links and yours now goes to your blog. I also added Katie Mac too.

BrownPants said...

Hahahahaha! But by all reports we haven't seen as much of each others' boobs as you and Kel!

Anonymous said...

Hey brownpants, remember when we all assigned fruits to our boobs? You had mangoes, franceypants had nectarines, penny had apples, and row had watermelons! I forget what I had! Bananas?

Nice one starting a post about your boobs, by the way.

BrownPants said...

I don't believe there was any 'we' about it! I got back from overseas and you informed me I had Mango-boobs! I believe this was a decision you and MrBP made one night...Don't go implicating me in your wacky fruit-boob conversations!

... said...

yep - its only fitting that my nearest and dearest are breast obsessed!! there have been way to many flashing incidents! Ive been very good and kept my fruit to myself since leaving you all ;-)

Love your clap browny!! very professional!