Sunday, September 24, 2006

Do your thift shopping homework

Cause vintage shop finds like awesome old pinking sheers


can sometimes be found to be very blunt when you get home and test on fabric!

Of course the 1950s hair ribbon is just fine.

I wonder how many other thrifters out there who post all those perfect, beautiful, amazing, one-of-a-kind finds on their blogs ever find their new purchase to be a dud when they get home? They never really speak about that stuff though do they? Not me, I have dud sissors and I'm proud, at least they look cool, maybe I'll start a vintage sissor collection? Which reminds me, while I was doing all that work travel, I started to collect hotel sewing kits!

1 comment:

Shazmina Bendi said...

You need to find one of those knife/scissor sharpening places and I reckon they will be able to make your dud into the coolest pinking shears around!

Way cool ribbon by the way! :)